Let us explain…
Our foreign employee audit is a process by which we check that your foreign employees are employed in accordance with South Africa’s immigration act and have up-to-date documents.
This is to help you avoid stiff fines from the Department of Home Affairs!
The great thing about Intergate’s employee audit (apart from potentially saving you thousands of rands) is this – it’s free and our team will come to your office to do the audit. All you have to do is give us a call to book your audit.
Meet the Intergate Corporate team
Nick has been with Intergate for 11 years and is one of the directors for Intergate Immigration and Intergate Africa. He oversees the running of the business as well as the facilitation and project managing of:
- Corporate immigration to South Africa.
- Personal immigration to South Africa.
- Travel and business visas for hundreds of countries.
Björn van Niekerk
Björn has worked in immigration for 10 years, of which 8 of those have been spent at Intergate. As Operations Director, Björn manages the operations of Intergate Immigration. This means ensuring that our:
- Resources, and
are in line with providing our clients with an effective and accurate service. Björn also performs various other business duties aligned with his role as Operations Director.
Lynne has been with Intergate for 5 years. In her position as Senior Immigration Consultant to our corporate clients, Lynne:
- Advises companies on visa and permit solutions for their non-South African employees.
- Assists in ensuring the ongoing compliance of our corporate clients with the Immigration Act and its regulations.
We repeat – our team will come to you!
This team of immigration specialists will come to your office and check the following as part of our audit to ensure that you are complying with South African immigration regulations:
- Do all foreign employees have valid visas?
- Are all foreign employees employed according to the conditions of their work visas?
- Do you have all the necessary documentation on file?
- Is all paperwork up to date?
- Are any visas due for renewal?
These are all questions your company should know the answers to in order to avoid those DHA fines we mentioned earlier. As the saying goes – prevention is better than cure!
Booking your audit
It really is as easy as picking up the phone and giving us a call on +27 (0) 21 424 2460. Alternatively, send us an email with your request and we’ll get back to you as soon as we’ve received it.
Here’s another way we’re going to make it easier for you to comply with the Act…
Intergate is always exploring ways to offer an even better service to our clients. This has lead us to develop an online system for our corporate clients which will allow South African employers with foreign employees to easily and reliably:
- Track and monitor the visa and passport validity dates of foreign employees.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with the Act and its regulations.
Furthermore, the system will be able to do the following:
- Provide comprehensive and customised reporting.
- Email reminders for visa and passport expiry.
- Send notifications directly to Home Affairs at the push of a button.
The system is still in the development and testing phase, but we’re planning on introducing it to South African employers very soon. Why don’t you sign up for our monthly newsletter to be the first to know when this happens?